Ten candidates have registered for the election for the leadership of the centre-left in Greece as the deadline expired on Friday evening.
The first round of elections is set to be held on November 5, while a runoff vote has been scheduled a week later.
The new party aspires to occupy the political space between ruling SYRIZA and the conservative New Democracy opposition.
The candidates are:
- Fofi Genimata, PASOK leader
- Giorgos Kaminis, Mayor of Athens
- Stavros Theodorakis, To Potami leader
- Odysseas Constantinopoulos, PASOK MP
- Yiannis Maniatis, PASOK MP and former minister
- Yiannis Ragousis, former PASOK minister
- Nikos Androulakis, PASOK MEP
- Apostolos Pontas, leader of the Union of Democratic National Reform movement (EDEM)
- Constantinos Gatsios, former dean of the Athens University of Economics and Business
- Dimitris Tziolis, entrepreneur