Former Greek Transport Minister Tassos Mantelis’ appeal against his sentence for failing to declare cash he received from German electronics and engineering giant Siemens was adjourned for a second time this month on Nov. 25 when defense lawyers didn’t show up, a common occurrence in Greek courts. They were not compelled to show up and the court just pushed back the date to Dec. 12 in the case. Mantelis, who admitted taking money from Siemens but said it was a campaign contribution – although he held an appointed position – was given a three-year suspended sentence in 2011 for submitting a false source-of-wealth declaration and omitting he had been paid by the company, which was embroiled in a giant scandal in Greece involving payoffs. He said he took 200,000 euros from the German company which acknowledged it had been caught up in bribery scandals. The court will issue its verdict after studying deputy Supreme Court prosecutor Vassilis Pliotas’ recommended assessment of the original decision. She said his rights were not violated. Mantelis is the only politician so far to be convicted in connection to payments made by Siemens to Greek decision-makers and public officials to secure state contracts.