Teacher Dies of Brazier Fumes in Northern Greece



brazier-fumes-suicideA 49-year-old teacher from the 2nd High School of Alexandria died in his home in Alexandria Imathias, Northern Greece. The teacher had previously received permission from the school’s principal to leave and go home. When he arrived at the house he lit the brazier, closed all the doors and windows and later passed away from the fumes.

According to Greek news, everything happened yesterday, March 6, sometime in the afternoon. All evidence suggests that the teacher’s death was a suicide. The teacher voluntarily stayed locked in the house until he lost consciousness.

The sad news spread quickly and reached the schools of the city and especially the high school where the 49-year-old man used to teach. The teacher leaves behind his wife and two children who are devastated by the loss. The autopsy is expected to take place later today in order to determine whether the teacher’s death was in fact a suicide.