American tourists are giving a vote of confidence to Greece with an increase in U.S. companies willing to invest in Greek tourism.
- Oaktree Capital Management and Goldman Sachs Asset Management — along with businessmen Spyros and Andreas Andreadis — are expected to present the details of their next business venture with a new hotel group made up of Sani and Ikos Resorts.
2. A new 5-star hotel is expected to operate at Karaiskaki Square in Athens, specifically the Wyndham Grand Athens, a member of the Wyndham Group Hotel chain with a portfolio of 8,000 units. The building has been leased from Zeus International with renovation plans underway. The group is also exploring further expansion
3. In 2018, Marriott Hotels return to Greece following a 2-year absence following a deal between Chandris and Marriott International. The Chandris Metropolitan hotel on Syngrou Avenue will be renamed Marriott International following its renovation.
4. The U.S.-based NCH Capital will implement an investment in tourism worth 100 million euros on Corfu on land from the Hellenic Republic Assets Development Fund.
5. The Athens Tiare hotel near Omonoia Square began operations this year thanks to an investment by Greek-American Mage Hotel and Resorts.
- Skotina Resorts is also implementing a 30 million-euro investment at Skotina, Pieria, southern part of Central Macedonia.