Three Children Set Room on Fire with Candles after Power Company Cut Electricity

A mother in Kalamata woke up and saw the room of her three children on fire after they had lit candles to see, since the Public Power Corporation cut the electricity supply for failing to pay the bill.

PPC had discontinued the family’s electricity supply because of their accumulating debts. The family was using candles to get around the house at night, and the children accidentally set their room on fire. Luckily only one of them suffered minor burns.

Speaking on Ant1 television, Kalamata Mayor Panayiotis Nikas said that, “They are  a proud family and had their electricity cut off. We did what we could to support them. We were taking food to them, we collected money, and even made a request to PPC to reconnect power.”



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.