Thirteen Greek extra virgin olive oils (EVOO) have been awarded among the most highly acclaimed olive oils in the world because of their success in international olive oil competitions in 2017.
According to Greek Liquid Gold website, the EVOO World Ranking (EVOOWR) 2017, “is part of the World Ranking of WAWWJ (World Association of Journalists and Writers of Wines, Liquors and others).” It recognizes the extra virgin olive oils that won the most prizes in the 30 international olive oil competitions held last year.
In 2017, according to EVOOWR, “Greece won 213 awards in 13 contests” and obtained 13 “EVOO of the Year” distinctions.
The Koroneiki variety received the most distinctions, while a number of flavored olive oils were also awarded.
The 13 Greek olive oils that were distinguished are as follows:
- Jordan Olivenoel GMBH / Jordan Olivenoel Natives Bio / Blend
- LIÁ Cultivators / LIÁ Premium / Koroneiki
- Hellenic Agricultural Enterprises Ltd / ACAIA / Kolovi
- Friedrich Bläuel & Co Ltd / Mani Bläuel Greek Organic / Koroneiki
- Greka Icons S.A. / Navarino Icons Koroneiki / Koroneiki
- Oliorama & Co GP / Oliorama Exclusive Bio PGI Olympia / Koroneiki
- Kidonakis Bros / Oleum Crete Bio / Koroneiki
- Olympus Olive Oil / Olympus Olive Oil / Koroneiki
- Ellindor Private Company / Ellindor / Koroneiki
- Terra Creta S.A. / Terra Creta Estate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil / Koroneiki
- Olympian Green International S.A. / Olympian Green Oly Oil Traditional / Koroneiki
- Osis – G. Koropoulis & Sia E.E. / Maleas / Koroneiki
- Gaea Products S.A. / Gaea Estate Vranas / Blend