Greek Health authorities announced on Sunday afternoon that seven new cases of the Covid19 coronavirus have been diagnosed in the country, raising the total number of victims to 73.
The announcement was made by Sotiris Tsiodras, the Health Ministry spokesperson for the Covid19 coronavirus outbreak.
Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis chaired a meeting earlier on Sunday at the Maximos Mansion focused on the coronavirus and the additional measures that need to be taken for the protection of the country’s public health.
Education Minister Niki Kerameus, Health Minister Vassilis Kikilias, and infectious diseases expert Professor Sotiris Tsiodras participated in the meeting, among other officials.
The measures that were announced include the following:
- Nationwide suspension of the operation of all Open Care Centers for the Elderly, known in Greece as ΚΑΠΗ, for four weeks.
- No conferences to be held in the country for four weeks.
- All school trips are now banned for the next two weeks.
- Additionally, schools will be shutting down in areas where the outbreak is becoming serious.
- All sporting events to be conducted behind closed doors for the next two weeks.