Greek Regions In Complete Lockdown as Coronavirus Death Toll Rises to 49



Greek health authorities announced during their daily update on Tuesday afternoon that seven more people had died from the coronavirus in the last twenty-four hours.

This new development has raised the number of fatalities in the country to 49.

Additionally, Sotiris Tsiodras, the Health Ministry spokesperson for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, said that 82 new cases had been diagnosed in the last 24 hours, raising the total number of diagnosed cases to 1,314.

In total, 85 people are now hospitalized in serious condition across the nation of Greece.

Among the new cases is a female asylum seeker who recently gave birth in hospital in Athens, the first recorded case among thousands of migrants kept in overcrowded camps.

Authorities said they were attempting to trace where the woman had become infected and looking at the possibility it may have been at the hospital.

She had been in a migrant camp on the Greek mainland which hosts up to 2,500 people.

The authorities urged people to respect the strict measures imposed by the government, especially after scenes which took place in banks and along Thessaloniki’s ”Nea Paralia” seaside promenade recently, where people gathered together in numbers.

Additionally, the municipality of Mesopotamia in West Macedonia’s Kastoria is now under strict quarantine for 14 days. No one will be able to enter or exit this municipality beginning at 8 o’clock tonight.

Moreover, the municipalities of Kastoria, Orestis, Nestorio, Xanthi, and Myki are now under a stricter curfew, meaning people will not be allowed to exit their homes for any reason whatsoever between 8 o’clock in the evening and 8 o’clock the next morning.